Embury’s unrivalled success with teacher training
- Since 2009, more than 600 Early Childhood Development (ECD) Practitioners and Foundation Phase teachers have achieved an Embury qualification.
- Since 2002, more than 30 000 teachers have completed continuous Professional Teacher Development (CPTD) training through Embury.
- Since 2009, the average annual progression on our Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Foundation Phase degree has been 88%. This means that nearly 9 out of 10 students who enter in our B.Ed. degree passed their qualification. In contrast, the average degree progression rate at public universities is 48% (source: CHET South African Higher Education Open Data – www.chet.org.za).
- At least 90% of our graduates find work within the first year after graduating!
Other Services We Provide
The following services are available to students:
Library and Computer Rooms that have extended opening hours during the week and on Saturdays.
Student Cafeteria serving fresh meals and snacks with ample space for students to relax.
The Academic Development Centre offers a free service to enhance language and referencing skills.
24 Hour campus security.
All Embury students get access to the state of the art Embury online learning platform (it is Moodle-based and is called ECI). The platform allows students to collaborate and connect with each other as well as their lecturers, sharing ideas and planning activities. Students are required to log in with an Embury student number and password, allowing them to access:
- News and general information relevant to the Embury environment.
- Administrative and support functions which include timetables and social events.
- Course specific functions, online learning opportunities and other resources.
We want you to study with us!
Apply now to get more information about options and opportunities to further your career.