The following Academic position is available at EMBURY MIDRAND WATERFALL CAMPUS
Lecturer: Early Childhood Development Specialist reporting directly to the Head of Academics: Midrand Waterfall Campus
Key Role and Objective:
- Perform academic and academic administrative functions under the leadership of the Head of Department: ECD Studies and the Head of Department: Foundation Phase Studies.
- Plan and develop developmentally and culturally responsive curricula in ECD studies and/or Grade R Teaching.
- Plan and implement sound teaching and learning and assessment practices and student support in different disciplines and Modules across different programmes.
- Purposefully facilitate and mediate teaching and learning for both contact and distance learning students.
- Research and contribute actively to the knowledge project at Embury.
- Contribute towards promoting high quality initial teacher education in the early childhood sector and Foundation Phase.
- Be a collaborative team member.
- Offer academic and administrative support to the HOD: ECD Studies and HOD: FP Studies.
- Minimum qualification BEd Honours with relevant specialisation in ECD.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distance learning tutoring in fundamental mathematics and mathematical pedagogy for Grade R teaching.
- Contact learning tuition in Early Childhood Development Studies.
- Contact learning tuition in Practical Teaching in an ECD centre.
- Research in ECD studies and/or Grade R Teaching.
- Curriculum development in ECD studies and/or Grade R Teaching.
- Other Embury-related academics responsibilities qualified to perform.
- Showcase accountability, independence and initiative.
- Work collaboratively and collegially and be a team player.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and ability to plan and meet task on time demands.
- Show strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Produce quality written and verbal communication.
- Reflect on practice regularly to improve and strengthen teaching and learning.
- Be flexible and available after hours should it be deemed necessary.
Interested applicants are to e-mail a letter of application together with a CV of no more than 3 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO TELEPHONIC ENQUIRIES will be entertained.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Embury reserves the right to not fill this position.
Closing Date: 16 November 2018
Should you not hear from us by 30 November 2018, please accept that your application was unsuccessful