Unfortunately all available vacancies have now closed for applications. Please visit this page regularly to see what opportunities are available.
The following position is available at EMBURY Durban Campus 2018
Lecturer: Afrikaans (Foundation Phase and Intermediate Phase) reporting directly to the HOD: Languages
- Teaching and /or lecturing experience in Afrikaans.
- Teaching and/or lecturing experience in the Intermediate, Foundation Phase and /or Senior Phases of Education.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Afrikaans CAPS documents.
- Experience in Curriculum and Materials Development for Afrikaans Home Language, Afrikaans Additional Language and Afrikaans Literacy for both contact and distance learning.
- Acting as a tutor to Distance Learning Students.
- Experience in Blended Learning and of Virtual Learning Environments.
General requirements for all lecturing posts:
- Minimum Honours in Bachelor of Education or equivalent degree.
- Experience in Tertiary Education an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Intermediate and/or Senior Phase curriculum.
- Good working knowledge of modern ICT infrastructure and software (for teaching and learning purposes).
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of excellent time management and administrative skills.
- Ability to cope with change.
Interested applicants are to email a letter of application together with a CV of no more than 3 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO TELEPHONIC ENQUIRIES will be entertained.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Embury reserves the right to not fill this position.
Closing Date: 28 February 2018