The following Academic position is available at EMBURY Durban Musgrave Campus.
Lecturer: ICT (fixed term Contract 3 months) reporting directly to the Head of Department: Mathematics, Science and Technology.
- Teaching and/or lecturing experience in Information Computer Technology.
- Teaching and/or lecturing experience in the Intermediate and /or Senior Phases of Education.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft based Programmes.
- Knowledge of programming in Python would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of computer aided design and image manipulation software would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of software applications within a teaching environment.
- Knowledge of robotics would be an advantage.
- Training of staff and students on the use of Institutional software, Moodle, student devices and MS Programmes.
- Support students in their use of ICT hardware and software to improve teaching and learning.
- Ability to teach ICT-related subjects such as Economic and Management Sciences would be favoured.
General requirements for all lecturing posts:
- Minimum Honours in Bachelor of Education or equivalent degree.
- A recognised 4 year Teaching Degree Qualification.
- Experience in Tertiary Education an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Intermediate and/or Senior Phase curriculum.
- Computer Literate.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of excellent time management and administrative skills.
- Ability to cope with change.
- Willingness to support students within our teaching practice model.
- Willingness to contribute to the development of new and existing modules of study.
Interested applicants are to e-mail a letter of application together with a CV of no more than 3 pages to email@example.com
NO TELEPHONIC ENQUIRIES will be entertained.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Embury reserves the right to not fill this position.
Closing date: 18 January 2019