Teaching Career Paths
Studying at Embury gives you the opportunity to hone in on the type of teacher you would like to be and the qualification to get you there. Click below to find out more on how Embury can get you on the career path which suits you best.
- Which type of teacher would you like to be?
- Learn more about our qualifications
- More about teaching as a career
Distance Learning Qualifications
Embury offers various short courses through distance learning. They are based on what we teach our student teachers, so you can also benefit. Embury’s short courses are aimed at the following people:
- ECD practitioners, pre-school educators and childminders who are not formally qualified and who do not have Grade 12
- Foundation Phase teachers who want to refresh their knowledge and skills
- Parents who are interested in early childhood development or who are home-schooling their young children
CPTD Courses for Teachers
Embury Institute for Higher Education offers a number of Continuing Professional Teacher Development (CPTD) short courses as part of professional development for practicing educators.
- What is CPTD?
- What is SACE?
- Embury is a SACE-approved provider
- What Embury offers you as a teacher