To be the private higher education institute of choice, providing access to quality, 21st-century teacher education.
We at Embury are dedicated to the education and training of competent graduates through the integration of theory and practice. We aim to do this by:
- having work-integrated learning embedded in all our offerings;
- creating flexible learning opportunities across all offerings;
- ensuring that our offerings directly develop 21st-century competencies and character qualities;
- making use of appropriate core technologies to leverage our teaching impact, support and effectiveness;
- seeing education as a journey that requires an ongoing relationship with our students and stakeholders; and
- providing study offerings that will lead to employment.
Embury’s organisational values are integrity, dedication and compassion, and these have been part of the Embury way since 1995. These three values were formulated in light of the morals and ethics to guide the staff and students at Embury. Embury’s organisational values foster good character development in our students, an important step in them one day becoming quality teachers and corporate citizens.
- Honour and respect others
- Be humble and proud of colleagues and students
- In all cases and at all times, be guided by honesty
- Respect and embrace diversity
- Be a dedicated team player
- Honour your commitments to the team
- Take responsibility for your actions
- Always aim to be better than you were yesterday
- Communicate regularly and effectively
- Focus on finding solutions, rather than problems
- Act as a change agent: making a difference begins with you
- Be compassionate
- Create strong and open relationships
- Support people who work for you and with you.
We believe that excellence is the key goal that the organisation and its students should strive for in everything that we do, as embodied in our organisational motto: excellence in teacher education.
We established four indicators or determinants that underlie the goal of excellence. These indicators are:
- excellent teaching, learning and assessment standards;
- well-defined and articulated ethos and sound partnerships;
- informed and ethical leadership and management; and
Our organisational values take into account the indicators of excellence above. Our organisational values influence character development, positively impact on ethical behaviour, and have a direct impact on Embury’s ethical practices. We believe that the better we conform to the organisational values, the better unified we will be as an organisation, and the better we will grow as corporate citizens.
Good ethical practices build trust among each other and strengthen external stakeholder relationships. These organisational values also inform policy formulation and form the yardstick against which behaviour of all employees and students are assessed.
All directors, managers and employees of Embury head office and its campuses should aspire to practice the organisational values of Embury, which have been built on the goal of excellence that underlie the Embury way as an organisational culture. If we all live the Embury values and the Embury way, we will achieve our goal of excellence, and our internal and external stakeholders will have a positive brand experience.
To apply Embury’s organisational values in our daily lives, we aspire, individually and collectively, to:
To apply Embury’s organisational values in our daily lives, we all aspire, individually and collectively, to the following:
- Have a positive attitude in how we conduct ourselves, how we do our work, and how we treat others.
- Portray loyalty towards Embury, our colleagues and our clients, who are the students and their parents on our campuses.
- Be enthusiastic about the work we do and how we do it.
- Have respect for Embury, our colleagues, our students and in our dealings with all people.
- Acknowledge the dignity of life.
- Practice positive race relations and religious tolerance and respect in line with the Constitution of South Africa.
- Be a good corporate citizen.
- Never offer, accept or pay any bribes or condone anti-competitive practices in our day-to-day activities, or use our positions in Embury for private gain and personal advantage.
- Be trustworthy.
- Present ourselves in a manner that will reflect our professionalism and respect for others.
- Commit to maintaining the highest degree of integrity in all our dealings with potential, current and past customers, both in terms of normal commercial confidentiality, and the protection of all personal information received in the course of providing the business services concerned.
We want you to study with us!
Apply now to get more information about options and opportunities to further your career.