These are challenging and unprecedented times for South Africa and the world. The fast-escalating events resulting in the current lockdown status of the country have had a direct impact on all our lives.
At the STADIO School of Education, we have been working on the process of digitalization since 2018. Our online platforms and online support processes have been evolving since their inception and we continue to work on them in response to our students’ needs. We are ready for the demands of the COVID-19 crisis and we have committed to ensuring that the academic success of our students remains unaffected by this virus.
We have maintained open and consistent lines of communication as this situation has developed to ensure that our students understand where, and how, to continue their learning online and are working on livestreams, videos and audio-enhanced PowerPoints to enrich the students’ digital experience. We remain committed to maintaining and uplifting excellence in the teaching profession in South Africa and are using this as an opportunity to challenge higher education norms and further develop our capacity for alternative teaching and learning techniques, alternative means of assessment and flexible learning models. These innovations will be carried by you, the students, into the school classrooms of tomorrow.
STADIO School of Education is continuing payment of staff salaries as well as payments to creditors for goods and services in support of the academic project. Accordingly, the academic project will continue unaffected by the crisis and we remain committed to ensuring that each student completes the planned academic programme within the current academic year. There will be no “lost time” for students. We acknowledge the effect the COVID-19 crisis has had on the economy of the country. In support of this, we wish to communicate the details of the following initiatives to you:
1. Payment Relief
In recognition of a challenging, cash-strapped time for many of our customers and account payers,
STADIO School of Education will provide for extended payment relief on monthly payments as
- Students/account payers to pay at least 75% of the contractual monthly payment for April 2020 and May 2020.
- The shortfall (25% per month for April 2020 and May 2020) to be settled by no later than 30 June 2020 i.e. accounts must be up-to-date by 30 June 2020.
- Students/account payers will need to contact their relevant debtors teams to “opt-in” for this payment relief option by no later than 15 April 2020.
- Payment relief in terms of this scheme will not extend beyond 30 June 2020.
2. Interest Relief
STADIO School of Education will also provide relief on interest charges as follows:
- a. Where students/account payers “opt-in” for the payment relief option in (2) above, then no interest on arrear balances will be charged on student accounts which meet the requirements of the scheme.
- b. Interest will be charged on all student accounts where customers/account payers have failed to “opt-in” or where arrear balances exceed the amounts supported by the scheme.
- c. Interest relief in terms of this scheme will not extend beyond 30 June 2020.
3. Payment Options
In recognition of the restrictions on freedom of movement due to the lockdown and the
requirements for social distancing, STADIO School of Education is aware that credit card payments
at STADIO Campuses will not be available to customers/account payers. The following payment
methods are still available and will continue to operate unaffected by the lockdown:
- Debit orders – flexibility is available for customers/account payers to sign debit orders on either the 1st/15th/25th calendar day of each month. These debit orders ensure accounts are paid consistently and on-time.
- EFT – Payments can be made directly into the relevant bank account for your campus of study (Musgrave, Montana or Waterfall) or into the bank account for Distance Learning.
We invite you to visit our website: www.embury.ac.za. We have a special news tab called “COVID-19 News”, where communiques which have been sent to students are updated daily. Please keep yourself updated and continue to check our social media accounts to ensure you remain up to date with all developments.
Any queries with regards to your student accounts may be directed as follows:
For STADIO distance learning/off-campus studies please address your emails to:
STADIO Distance Learning – Bradley Innes – BradleyI@embury.ac.za
For STADIO contact learning/on-campus studies please address your emails to:
STADIO Pretoria Montana Campus – Michelle Oosthuizen – MichelleO@embury.ac.za
STADIO Midrand Waterfall Campus – Reshma Mewa – ReshmaM@embury.ac.za
STADIO Durban Musgrave Campus – Roston Govender – RostonG@embury.ac.za