This document serves as a guide for all students at STADIO School of Education (SSoE) to refer to when they are facing technical computer issues or accessing ECI, Office365 and Email.
Note: We may not be able to assist you should you not have internet access. Please make sure your Window 10 device is connected to the internet when receiving support.
If you require assistance with the following:
- Accessing the SSoE network
- Accessing SSoE online platforms (e.g. ECI, Office365 and Email)
- Configuration of your laptop for SSoE use
Please log a call by emailing the helpdesk using the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: How to request assistance.
For prompt assistance send an email to email@example.com with the following information.
|Details Needed||Your Contact Details|
|Name and Surname||Joe Soap|
|RSA ID Number:||9504085003081|
|Campus Location:||Distance Learning; Montana; Musgrave; Waterfall|
|Contact Number:||082 345 6789|
|Short Description of problem:||e.g. Cannot login to Office365 Email|
Step 2: Receiving Assistance
Once you have sent the above email to us, you will receive a reply confirming that your request has been received
and that you have been assigned a ticket number
Step 3: Allowing remote support representative access to your computer
When requested by a support representative to click on the link located within the ticket reply you will be faced
with the following:
When Opening the TeamViewer QS Application, you will be prompted by the following screen and details:
What support will the Student Helpdesk provide?
The SSoE Student IT Helpdesk will specifically assist you with the following:
MyEmbury (Student Information Management System) Support:
- We will assist students in accessing the MyEmbury server.
- We will assist students in accessing the required features within MyEmbury.
- All other requests will be forwarded to the MyEmbury administrator, to notify the SIMS administrator and request their assistance in supporting the student.
ECI (Learning Management System) Support:
- We will assist students in accessing the relevant ECI server.
- We will assist students in initiating the self-service password reset function.
- We will assist students in ensuring their default browser is properly configured to enable the various ECI browser-specific features (Java script, browser plugins, etc).
- All other requests will be forwarded to one of the Student Support Services Helpdesks
(firstname.lastname@example.org; support4MUS@embury.ac.za; support4WAT@embury.ac.za;
- We will connect your device to the WIFI, install the VIA lecture application, 2D Design and install the WIFI certificates. (Note: Not applicable during the lockdown period)
- Before enrolment your device will be checked to see if it meets SSoE standards. If it does not, then we will not provide support and will not be responsible if the applications do not function correctly.
- Installation will be done by the student, with support by ITO, where required:
- Office365 application installation is initiated, on demand, by the student when accessing the portal.office.com website;
- Students simply need to select which applications they wish to install, download the application and run the installation file, once downloaded.
- Support will only be given if students receive errors whilst following the install process and if their laptop meets SSoE standards.
What Do We NOT Provide Support For?
- Computer virus issues.
- Operating System issues.
- Devices that do not meet SSoE’s minimum specification requirements.
- Hardware issues for SSoE devices not under warranty.
- Hardware issues for devices not supplied by SSoE.