Are you interested in the development of young children? Are you patient, caring and understanding? Do you love teaching? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Higher Certificate in Pre-School Education is for you!
The Embury Higher Certificate in Pre-School Education is a formal qualification in early childhood development (ECD), aimed at people who want to work in an ECD centre, or who are already working and want to achieve a qualification on Level 5 of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). ECD is the phase between birth and Grade R (0 – 5 years), where the child’s foundational cognitive abilities, attitudes and skills develop.
ECD practitioner, you play a vital role in developing young children. It is your care, oversight and attention to detail that will help little ones grow to their full potential. Click here to read more about the job of an ECD practitioner.
Rating: NQF 5
Credits: 126Download Factsheet
Matric obtained from 2008:
- National Senior Certificate or NQF Level 4 National Certificate (Vocational) with an endorsement for entry into Higher Certificate studies or higher.
Matric obtained prior to 2008:
- Senior Certificate with a minimum of 30% in English.
Other access pathways:
- Recognition of prior learning may lead to entry or an advanced credit standing at the discretion of Embury.
- Exemption due to mature age may lead to entry at the discretion of Embury.
- Early Childhood Development Studies
- Computer Practice for Teachers
- English for Teachers
- Grade R Teaching
- Health Education in Early Childhood Development
- Classroom Practice
- Practical Management of an ECD Centre
- Teaching Practice 1