Distance Learning Teaching Course
Are you interested in the development of young children? Are you patient, caring and understanding? Do you love teaching? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Higher Certificate in Pre-School Education is for you!
The Embury Higher Certificate in Pre-School Education is a formal qualification in early childhood development (ECD), aimed at people who want to work in an ECD centre, or who are already working and want to achieve a qualification on Level 5 of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). ECD is the phase between birth and Grade R (0 – 5 years), where the child’s foundational cognitive abilities, attitudes and skills develop.
ECD practitioner, you play a vital role in developing young children. It is your care, oversight and attention to detail that will help little ones grow to their full potential. Click here to read more about the job of an ECD practitioner.
Rating: NQF 5
Credits: 126Download Factsheet
Matric obtained from 2008:
- National Senior Certificate (Higher Certificate endorsement)
- Minimum rating of 3 (40 – 49%) in four subjects from the designated list
- Minimum rating of 3 (40 – 49%) for English at Home Language level or a minimum of (50 – 59%) for English
- Grade 10 PLUS 3 years' experience as an ECD practitioner PLUS at least 23 years old.
Matric obtained prior to 2008:
- Senior Certificate
Enrolment Cycle 1
- Early Childhood Development Studies
- Health Education in Early Childhood Development
- Computer Practice for Teachers
- Classroom Practice OR Grade R Teaching
Enrolment Cycle 2
- Grade R Teaching OR Classroom Practice
- English for Teachers
- Practical Management of an Early Childhood Development Centre
- Teaching Practice